Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Little Princess

I don't normally use this camera for photographing the puppies because my digital SLR is a far superior camera; however, in a pinch a point and shoot will have to do. Miss Pink thinks so too - which is her best side?



Miss Yellow wasn't sure what was going on but seems to have been caught in the act ...  of being cute! She is very similar to Miss Pink and if they didn't have collars I'm not sure I'd be able to tell them apart. Both girls will be a redder color than any of the others but they won't have any masking at all.


Now Miss Orange is really catching my eye. She will have an excellent head, good bone and lots of type but won't be over done and that masking will add just that little bit of depth to make her a real head turner. I'm very drawn to her and hope she turns out to be a nice little show girl. It's early days yet though!


Miss Orange was using Mini as a pillow. Mini is not the puppy I thought she'd be. I imagined, with the tenacity and determination it would take for such a small puppy to thrive, that she'd be a little go-getter. But she's not. She is quite content to amuse herself, follow the crowd and is often the first to snuggle down for a nap. I don't know if this is a by-product of something physiological or if that is just her personality. Only time will tell.



I call this the Seedling Pose. They do it as adults as well but when they are puppies and they curl up into this tight Ridgeball it reminds me of a kidney bean or something waiting to be planted in the ground. Mini is certain she would not like to be watered.


Shortly after this I picked her up in her Seed Position and gently placed her on the top of the pile of puppies. I'm reasonably sure she never even woke up. Now that is a puppy who feels safe and secure.

No comments: