Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pathfinder

Do I even own dogs anymore? Seems like the last few posts have all been about other people's dogs. Well, I bred them but they don't live with me and destroy my things or dig in my garden or get hair all over my bed - but they are still blog-worthy.  Karma, in case you are interested, is doing great with her 11 puppies and they are getting fat and noisy just as they should. Rory is also doing well, gaining weight and recovering from his mystery illness.

On to the naughty menagerie that populates my household. We have been walking in the woods a bit and despite my trepidation about ticks we haven't encountered any in a few weeks. I diligently check the dogs when we are done the walk but so far no extra passengers.

Here's an always welcome sight. A great chunk removed from Archer's shoulder just two weeks before a show. It's the kind of damage that is limited to just the hair taken off with a little skin but no blood. Who knows how he did it ... I suspect Leeloo might be the culprit of this one. Fortunately it's not on the judge's side!
Here's the "Boy Cam" - a Raimi's eye view of what he sees on his walks. I had a few others but they were of Leeloo's bum and while that might appeal to The Boy, it doesn't really make for good photography.
Something at the base of this little tree was just fascinating. They all had to stop and sniffy sniffy sniffy for a few moments before Leeloo lost interest and both boys peed on it.
Ah, a blissful stick chew. Although there are thousands and thousands of sticks in the forest the one stick you have is the most important stick there is.
This picture cracks me up. Archer and Esme having a moment of fun. Esme often races up to a Ridgeback and throws herself into the air at their head or neck. At this point they typically ignore her except Archer who is usually game for a grab. I'm not sure if you can tell but his mouth is open and she is all ears, legs, and tail a-flying ...
When I walk past the Very Large Puddle I pick her up to carry her, we just don't need all that coat covered in stagnant muck. She is quite happy to be carried(something Petal hated) and seems to really enjoy the special attention.
And here's another 'Boy Cam' capturing the last of the walk before we exit the trees and head back up the service road to the truck.  That silly Leeloo ... such a ham.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Love the one of Esme in mid-air. Looks like you through a stuffy toy at Archer and he's decided to catch it. So cute the little feet off the ground...