Sunday, May 30, 2010

Follow the Sun

Last weekend I was at my parent's house for the show in Amherst, remember all those frogs I took photos of and the jumping hopping dogs? I also took other photos of the dogs and I wanted to post them before I forget.

There is something about the light at the beginning and the end of the day that gives the illusion you are on the brink of something special. No wonder it's called "The Magic Hour'.


I have always had a love of the gilded by sunlight and silhouette photo, especially on dogs who sometimes seem to be made up of rays of sunshine themselves. Aquiring a balance to allow shadow detail without blowing out the highlights or background is tricky business.


Something in this photo speaks to me of a powerful but quiet strength. The Boy's constant and unwavering presence is a comfort at all times.


Made more precious by how darn cute he can be sometimes. "I am pointing Mommy!"  


And then there's Leeloo. 'Posing is for sissy's' says the Bubbalicious. But just look at those darling big browns - tomboy or not a bitch should look like a bitch. I think the reason I am so amused by her tomboy nature is because she looks so girlie! I just want to reach into the photo and kiss her silly head!
 

No comments: