Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Moon

Welcome to 2009! It certainly rolled over in Tamzin style. My high school friend Deena was in town over the holidays visiting from Scotland where she now lives with her husband Tim and cutie-pie Scottish daughter Kaia. I drove to her parent's house in Cochrane, about 45 minutes away, and we had a nice dinner and started playing Wii games. Deena thought to check her watch after a while and 2009 had blown in 15 minutes earlier. Huzzah. See? It happens regardless of your party/sobriety status.


I left Cochrane at just before 2am and got home about 2:30am. My nose told me the story before I had two feet through the door. Fortunately before I left I put down a tonne of paper so most of the mess was contained but it was still a complete disaster. Raimi, sad eyes well practiced, stood on his island of a dog bed and though he wanted to greet me he refused to step onto the icky paper. When I opened the gate he minced his way out and relaxed only when his feet touched clean floor.


Poor little Leeloo seems to have some bug that is affecting her lower intestine. Raimi had it a few days ago but though he recovered very quickly, baby Leeloo is finding it harder to shake. She still plays, runs, eats, drinks, steals and generally behaves like a naughty puppy so I know it's not a very serious bug. Today we see improvement and hopefully it's uphill from here.


Yay 2009.


This year has lots of things happening but we will take it a step at a time. First stop Halo coming into heat and getting bred. Once that is accomplished the rest of the year should roll out like clockwork ... right???

1 comment:

Mrs. Deaver said...

The first year I was married, we missed midnight on New Years because we were playing Halo on the XBox and got so involved in the game that we missed it.

The next year it seems like we missed it again because we were playing some video game, but I can't remember for sure. This year we did keep track, but we played Rockband 2 all the way up until and then just whooped and hollered for a few minutes in between sets. :D

Hope Leeloo feels better soon!