Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lying in Wait

I've been a little lax in my updates of late ... busy busy busy. My parents are packing to move to Nova Scotia from Alberta and I was out helping my mom yesterday - my Dad is in Halifax now buying a house. Phew! I hope they get the one with the nice ocean view ... I wouldn't mind inheriting that!

Halo will be heading back to Salt Lake City tomorrow I think. She was only able to be bred the one time - once is all it takes right? You like to cover all options but she said no on Wednesday, yes on Thursday and then no on Friday. Picky girl. You wouldn't think she would be given her ho-bag behaviour. As always there are no guarantees but I trust Halo and since she's an ... er ... experienced girl I am hopeful there was success.

Two weeks from now I go to pick her up in Montana. I don't know many bitches who would travel as well as she does but Halo is nothing if not accommodating and easy going ... something that she reliably passes to her puppies. Some bitches can go out of heat when they travel so it's a blessing that she takes new people and places in stride.

Leeloo has lost most of her teeth. Her adult teeth are coming in but the baby ones are all dropping out and leaving big gaps in her naughty little mouth. Raimi is the ever concerned Boy and spends a lot of time licking her gums and taking care of his darling GF. I found her rolling a molar around her mouth the other day and took it away. No ... I did not keep it ... ew.

So now we wait ... we wait for Halo to come home, we wait for sign of babies in the oven, we wait for babies to arrive ... a world of waiting.

2 comments:

Mrs. Deaver said...

Boo is shedding and losing teeth as well. Found a canine on the floor the other day and luckily I spotted it before the baby did. She's losing her puppy coat and it feels like she has the harsh type coat (like daddy Bing) rather than the softer type (like momma Tailor). I might have coat types/parents messed up, but it was one or the other.

It's leaving all sorts of nasty dog hairs all over the sectional though. No fun. I can't go brush her outside either because it's been raining/snowing nonstop the last few days.

Unknown said...

Make that 3 sisters that are losing teeth and hair. Shumba has yet to lose the canines but I found a molar the other day. Our couch is infested with red eyelash hairs and I have had to keep a sheet on it the last two weeks. And talk about fun, another bout with puppy acne, yahoo.