Monday, January 19, 2009

Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

A few days ago I mentioned Rory was coming to visit. I haven’t posted on him because the more pressing issue of getting donations to fight for every dog owner in the Surpreme Court. The donations are rolling in and they are fast approaching their goal of $67,000 … lawyers are expensive!!



Anyway, Rory came over on Wednesday night, Raimi was all with the “MY house! MY toys! MY Leeloo! MY Mommy!” and then he got distracted by a piece of floating fuzz …



They played and played and played and played. By the time bedtime rolled around Leeloo was comatose. Rory started out in my room on a dog bed, his fussing made me relent and he was allowed to lie on the bed. Raimi was less than thrilled. By 4am I’d had enough of musical dogs and into the dog room Rory went. His whining could not be heard through my earplugs.



Raimi and Leeloo spent the entire day with Rory but when I got home Raimi ‘squashed’ Rory to demonstrate how much of a man he was compared to this young upstart. Show off. It was cute in an annoying kind of way. Rory just gave in with a “Ya ya sure man … you’re the boss.”




Leeloo thought Rory was great because he was good to play anytime. Raimi got in a few naps while Leeloo and Rory re-arranged my furniture. I was constantly straightening the rugs and putting the loveseat back.



Dogs are not allowed on the furniture in Rory’s home but they are in mine so it only took Rory a couple days before he ‘snuck’ onto the loveseat, made himself veeeerrrrrryyyyy small and went to sleep. If I moved or coughed he’d open his eyes in trepidation but settled when he realized I was not shifting him.


Of course he was delighted to see his own Mommy but not half as excited as Raimi was to see him gone. I'm sure Raimi was getting worried he was sticking around. They’d stare at me and Raimi would hold eye contact in an effort to keep my attention on him alone. It was so sweet. Occassionally I’d catch him looking at Rory like “You’re still here? Why are you still here? When are you leaving anyway?”



Things are back to normal now, Raimi is so thrilled to have me as his alone. Well … me, the love of his life Leeloo, and his mom returns in a few weeks so he’ll be in seventh heaven.


2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

That last picture of the two of them is priceless. It's never boring around your house, is it? : )

Kathryn said...

Officially being banned from the furniture, doesn't preclude the butt-cheek lean on the couch. Sometimes just one side, sometimes the entire butt sitting on the couch but front feet still on the floor. The night we got home, Rory also did his usual front feet up and give big-head snuggles when I got into bed...no doubt he would have clambered right in, but the bed is elevated. Lucky me. I actually think he's still tired out from playing with Leeloo, he's been so mellow since I brought him back. And that last pic of the two dogs really is priceless. I hope to see it up on your website or somewhere more permanent. A frame maybe? KP