Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Notebook

As a creative outlet sometimes I write little rhyming poems to amuse myself with my cleverness. Often this occurs in gushes of ideas which peter out into "I'll get back to it" and then I forget what I did with my coil ring or I used it as a whelping notebook or I stashed it in a cupboard or I thought I lost it and bought another ...

I'm going to occassionally test my poems on the blog because I figure they are better off in cyberspace than locked inside a $2 notebook and the only one who marvels at the prose is me.

Here's one inspired by a Ridgeback's appetite.

A Cookie

Bright eyes insist on pleading
Beneath an upturned brow
Hope is writ unspoken
I can has cookie now?

It's gone before the palate
Knows that it's been et
The eyes return to question
Will you give me cookie yet?

A memory convenient
A thousand treats or one
The endless disbelieving
The cookies are all gone.

No comments: