Thursday, January 8, 2009

Red Heat

Finally. It’s happened. The thing. The montrous thing I don’t have to put up with because it’s in Utah right now and will be on her way to Sin City in a week.




Magic Decoder: Halo is in heat. She is actually right on time. I thought if I was lucky she’d come in sooner but I guess I was too hopeful. Not many dogs are this reliable – she is just 6 months and a few days from the end of her last heat – what a gal.


I had wondered when I heard last week that she consumed 15 ring pops and an entire bag of firey hot cheetos if it was a sign. That was a particularly bitchy Halo thing to do and is usually reserved for special occassions. Sort of a dog PMS.




Also, Erin who has Halo right now, just got back a bitch that had been away for a year doing some agility training. I figured an unfamiliar mature bitch being brought into the house so close to Halo’s expectant heat might bring her in sooner rather than later. It’s a bitch thing.



So she will be off to Las Vegas to meet her match with Zuli. Two excellently normal health tested dogs! We expect red wheaton babies with good ridges, minimal white, possibly a light wheaton or two and not many dark masks since Halo is not dominant for them and Zuli has a clean face like Raimi.


Mark your calendars … I will be plummeting into insanity in a few short weeks.

No comments: