Friday, January 2, 2009

Sideways

Here we are, a day into 2009. Already Calgary has four murders on the docket. The bank has totally screwed up my account information and I have been unable as yet to make a payment on a significant purchase. Halo is still not in heat. The windshield spray pump on my truck has given out and the temperature is going to hit above zero rendering me blind while driving. My laptop is being returned for repair after owning it less than 10 days.

What else?

Leeloo's little 'issue' seems to have resolved and hopefully there won't be any more incidents involving explosions or wall washing. Raimi is as cheerful as always and I'm sure is anticipating the temperature rise with glee.

I guess there's always a silver lining, it's still a fresh year, these things that are not perfect can be rectified with some screaming at the bank, patience with Halo, a quick fix at the mechanic, and a wing and a prayer with the computer. The murder rate in Calgary ... well, that I can't really fix but I'm working on it.

No comments: