Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monty Python's Flying Circus

I haven't been able to update any pictures recently because whenever I attach the camera to my computer it does something weird and I can't download the photos. Some setting has changed and it opens the wrong program. And seriously ... there are some pretty darn cute photos on that camera. I'll try again later tonight and see if I can figure out how to get it to behave.

My work hours changed and the dogs, though they don't realize it yet, are going to love it. It means I get to sleep in mornings and work shorter hours. It's the training of the cats and puppy that are going to take some time. They still think 7am is alarm time. It also means I can take the dogs to the park in the daylight instead of the pitch black at 5:30pm. There are also fewer dogs at the park in the mid-morning so less chance of having an 'exchange' with some asshole dog and their asshole owner(which, in the last month, has happened twice; once I was ignored and the other time the Lab's owner demonstrated why her dog was such an asshole. It's nice to know this City delivers exactly what I expect from its citizens every single time - kind of like the guy who cut me off today.)

Halo made it safely to Salt Lake City where she now torments her son with smelling good enough to breed. Once she was bred by Zuli she closed up shop and is quickly going out of heat. I won't know for another 3 weeks or so if she is in whelp but I'm guessing it will be less physical signs and more temperamental changes as the indication for possible motherhood. She gets sort of ... needy ... when she's in whelp. Estrus means sulky and moody and in whelp is more subtle.

I go to pick her up in about 10 days ... hope the weather holds out as I have to drive through a small mountain range to get to Helena to met Erin. It's twisty and turny and can be dangerous in the winter. As long as it's not like two winters ago when I drove down with my Dad to pick up Halo from Helena and we ended the weekend with him being diagnosed with cancer ... that was a drive to remember. He's got the all clear now but it's not really a road trip I want to repeat.

No comments: