Monday, January 18, 2010

When a Man Loves a Woman

If I seem a little short on temper for the next 4 weeks don't blame me ... blame Leeloo. She is on day two of coming into heat. The boys are interested and love her to bits but they are so far not at the whining incessantly stage. Raimi went off his food a few days ago and although it may have been because Leeloo was getting all hormonal, it's more likely a coincidence since his lack of appetite was accompanied by severe diarrhea, a very noisy tummy and some spectacular gas. He is now being weaned from oatmeal and consume back onto regular dog food.

I can't kid myself though, this is going to be a rough go. The boys, once Leeloo is in full blown heat, will have to be separated from her and me and possibly each other depending on how much they each believe she is *their* girl. I have never come closer to strangling The Boy than I did the last time Leeloo was in heat ... it was a close call. this time, though I am prepared, I am not looking forward to earplugs at night so I can sleep and the boys in the expens.

Fortunately Leeloo isn't like Halo. Leeloo gets a bit clingy and more affectionate but without the moodiness and sulking that Halo perfected. Leeloo is a little tramp though - just like Halo (must be an Aegis Ridgeback thing). She also seems to prefer Archer's attention to Raimi. Raimi is more focused on the actual deed whereas Archer is more about the play. I'd say 9 out of 10 girls would prefer Archer's approach. Ladies? Am I right? Anyway, they are hanging out in relative peace since Leeloo is not in actual heat yet - she's still biding her time - I give it another day or so before hell breaks loose.

The strange thing is ... she smells ... odd. I can't put my finger on it. I have an incredibly sensitive sense of smell, I seem to be able to smell things no one else can; this is not a gift let me tell you. So Leeloo smells ... sweet and warm somehow. But not a good sweet and warm - if I had to compare it I'd say she smells kind of like warm blood. I'll let those words tantalize your senses for a moment or two ...

Needless to say I won't be accepting loving licks from any of the dogs in the house until interest in Leeloo's rear end has dropped significantly. Their license to kiss is hereby revoked until further notice.

3 comments:

tikka said...

Hey!what happened to the holiday the boys were going to get at your Moms next time the dreaded hormones flared up.

Kathryn said...

Let's see, Archer's playful approach or Raimi's direct approach. Transposed onto men, of course. I suppose it depends on my mood that day. Fun is fun, and playing is nice, but some days, ya just wanna DO IT and never mind the preliminaries.

Well, you did ask...

The Boss Bitch said...

My mom has a litter of puppies right now and their mom HATES the Ridgebacks. So I will be suffering through this bout.