Monday, January 4, 2010

Balance of Power

I've speculated about this before but I'd guess the answer to the mystery will never be solved: are my animals born weird or do I make them weird? I suspect it's a combination of both. Mallaig is one of those cats who is just a little stranger than I'm accustomed to. Since I got her from a cat rescue organization when she was 9 months old I'll hazard that my influence over her weirdness is minimal at best. Sure, the last couple years could have made her a little more weird but I'm pretty sure she was already close to the deep end before she met me and my crazy dogs.

I spotted her the other day making herself 'comfortable' on my drying rack. No wonder I can't get out the door without some hair stuck to me.
She did a little tip toeing around up there and eventually decided she'd find somewhere else to drip dry. She is the only cat who does things like this and while I don't necessarily mind it does make it a little difficult to cat proof some areas since there does not appear to be anywhere she won't go ...

No comments: