Thursday, January 21, 2010

In the Mix

I just didn't get off my ass yesterday to post and by the time I realized I hadn't I didn't have time as I had to get my dogs to the Peart's house in Trenton. They spent the evening there while I worked and then we all stayed at Chez Peart for the night. Bill and Donna are good enough to put me up when the weather is bad so I don't have to drive home in bad weather. I could do it with my 4x4 but let's face it - a night away from home to watch episodes of Firefly in great company and sleep in a comfortable bed (more comfy that mine I can tell you) is a welcome treat.

Leeloo's heat has continued in the normal Leeloo fashion. She never seems to be able to do things by halves. Her heat blew in this time like a freight train and she is now wearing panties 90% of the time and being annoyed by it full time. She has her big flirt on with the boys but this is just like last time - we are building toward ovulation which will likely occur in about 10 days and then ... I'll be suicidal with the whining. Time to enjoy the relative calm while I can.


And lastly, in this blog of hot topics, a photo to prove that Halo is still alive and well in Quebec enjoying her retirement - despite the snow. Pia tells me this is a new coat - very lovely Halo, it looks just like the old one - and what a pretty new collar too with a brass name tag. Halo has started agility classes with Pia and is showing her the ropes. Agility is old hat for Halo and I'm sure she is the star of the class - Halo does like to be the smartest dog in the room. I'm looking forward to making a trip out to Ontario this summer to go to the Ridgeback National and visit Halo. I bet she'll be fat on horse poop by then!

No comments: