Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter Passing

I know I promised continuing photos of the dog's first walk in the snow yesterday, and then I intended to carry it over to today but instead ... more beach. But with snow!
It was a little brisk but not too bad and there wasn't as much snow as I thought there'd be. Certainly the dog had a good time running up and down the shore to keep their bodies warm. I don't pretend to know how it is that I can be wrapped in layers, mittens over gloves, heavy boots, toque, scarf and my heaviest winter coat and still be cold while the dogs seem completely unaffected by the temperature. I know they have a higher body temperature than people but that can't possibly explain in a short coated breed how they don't absolutely refuse to step outside. I would.
Archer is getting big, much bigger than I had realized. Still, he is so puppy-like that it's easy to forget that he will be 9 months in just a few days. To me he seems younger at nine months than any of my other dogs ... not sure why.
Leeloo is forever standing with her butt stuck out above the grass so it makes taking a nice photo a little difficult.
And The Boy, ears aflap in the wind and all smiles. He gave me a heart attack just a few minutes before this photo because he wandered off over a rise and by the time I'd crested the rise and spotted him he was halfway to Newfoundland. Fortunately the wind was in my favour and he stopped when I called, looked startled to find me behind him, and recalled at warp speed. I'm not sure where he thought he was going.

No comments: