Monday, December 14, 2009

The Big Chill

I post a lot of photos of the dogs on walks because that is when they are most fun and photogenic. But what happens behind the scenes when the walk is done, the collars are put away and the wiggles are out? Why ... it's nap time.


Raimi enjoys his yoga positions as much as the next dog and a good comfy couch with lots of room to stretch out is very important. He doesn't usually like being covered because he gets hot very quickly but he still loves a good snooze. I love how he looks sort of fetal here ... as if he was still in Halo's tummy waiting to become The Boy.
Leeloo and Archer start out under cover with a few moans and groans of satisfaction and some deep sleep positions. Usually Archer is on top of Leeloo who I think secretly loves the heat he produces.
Eventually they get too hot too and push the blanket off of themselves until they are exposed. Well, Archer is exposed, Leeloo still has the benefit of another body to keep her warm - I just know she plans it that way. And that ... is the bulk of the day after the walk. Looks nice doesn't it

1 comment:

Nicki said...

Oh my God!!! I just LOVE reading your posts!!! Ridgies are by far the best breed of dog I've ever had!!!