Friday, December 18, 2009

Dog Tired

Despite my promises to Leeloo this morning that no matter how much she annoyed me we weren't going for a walk in the negative temperatures with horrible blowing winds ... I decided to indulge her just this once. I'm actually glad I did. When I walk the dogs in the forest it means there is not much wind blowing and it makes it quite pleasant despite the temperature. This is something I have had to train my brain to accept since a walk in Calgary always meant wind and more wind because of the lack of trees. The worst part about the walk is getting prepared. I'm glad I do take the time to put on my layers and kit out the dogs in their coats as it gives me peace of mind knowing they are warm and dry. It means they will expend more energy while out walking. Today I was toasty warm and the only reason we left when we did was because I was getting hungry and my hip joints started hurting(long story).


I forgot the camera but did snap a couple photos of a post-walk satisfaction. Leeloo looks annoyed because I kept lifting the blankets and letting in cold air.
This is what the blanket looks like from above. You'd never guess beneath that fluffy down surface lurks about 230 pounds of pure muscle and silliness.

No comments: