Saturday, December 19, 2009

Under the Boardwalk

I needed to get to the beach today to get some sand and stones for a project I'm working on and since the wind was low today I thought I'd chance it. It's icy and pretty cold so we didn't stay too long but I did get some interesting photos of the dogs. I am starting at the end of the walk because something as funny as this just cannot be delayed.


Here we see the dogs heading back to the parking lot where the truck waits patiently for us. Archer is in the lead, then Leeloo and Raimi is bringing up the rear.
I glance away for a second and the next thing I know a puff off snow explodes up there to the left. Archer, for whatever reason, stepped right off the edge of the boardwalk and dropped about 4 feet into reeds and snow. You can see his face peeking out of the snow drift and Raimi and Leeloo stopped to stare in wonder ... they just looked, well, baffled. I was stricken with uncontrollable giggles but managed to snap a couple shots.
He scrambled back up onto the boardwalk with no trouble, which surprised me because look how far down he is on extremely unstable ground(grass, reeds, partially frozen water and snow). The only thing injured was his pride. Raimi and Leeloo managed to not spend the rest of the time making fun of him ... but my standards aren't that high. I'm not sure why he fell off, we've been coming to this boardwalk for 6 months now ... you'd think he'd know.

No comments: