Saturday, December 12, 2009

On the Nose

After the brief 10 minute walk we took today I'm glad I didn't venture out with the dogs yesterday. The wind is best described as searingly cold. It's been gusting up to 70 km per hour (which is pretty fast) I've had to repair my fence yet again since the relentless wind has just pummelled the crap out of it. While I stood in the school yard and absorbed the idea that a light tap on my cheeks would cause them to crackle apart the dogs ran amok like it wasn't minus 6 with a minus 17 wind chill. I have no idea how they can handle that kind of cold but they didnt' even seem to notice. I do worry about their ears though so once they've had a good gallop it's back into the truck and home to warmth and comfort. As promised days ago I'll continue with the snow photos because who doesn't love a snow dog?


I get a real tickle out of seeing them with snow on their noses mostly because they don't know it's there. Leeloo says "Ho ho ho - have you been naughty?" I know she has.
At one point Leeloo brushed underneath a tree and dislodged snow from branches higher up so the snow fell onto her back. She whipped around with a "What the heck was that?" expression and looked at me like I'd thrown snow at her. Typical. It's always *my* fault. Here's her sprinkled ridge.
Archer trots along totally oblivious to his white passenger. If snow was red he'd be Rudolph.
Leeloo had a nose topped with snow most often because she spent a lot of time with her muzzle buried in drifts sniffing out deer poop.
Raimi was hard to catch with any snow on his nose as he spent much of his time gazing off into the distance and air scenting. There is snow on the very tip here but it's hard to see.Is there something on my face? And if you have snow at your house this December Archer wants to send out a friendly reminder ... don't eat yellow snow!

No comments: