Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Stick It

All my dogs love sticks. Chewing on them I mean, not fetching and whatnot. I throw them, they run gleefully after them, they argue over who gets the stick(Leeloo) and if I want to throw it again I have to go and extract it.


If they happen to find their own stick it is immediately taken up, brandished covetously and then protected from all comers. Well, for the most part. The Boy is a lover, not a fighter, so when he acquires a stick it is not usually long for his possession. He picks one up, finds a spot and gets ready for a good chew. Look at him. So innocent and sweet. "I have a stick Mommy."
Aaaaand ... gone. Leeloo now has his stick. No artifice with her, she just walks up and takes it out of his mouth. He puts on the sad eyes for a moment, tempting me to give the stick back to him but then something catches his eye (a bird, a leaf, a piece of paper in the wind) ...
And he forgets the trauma of his stick loss. His head is happily stuffed with fluff ... I call it his Winnie-the-Pooh complex.

No comments: