Friday, November 13, 2009

Life as a House

I was late walking the dogs today because I slept in and then my Dad came over to help me rip up the rest of the plywood that is on top of my hardwood in the kitchen and the two layers of plywood in the laundry/back door area. It took several hours to remove the 100's of screws and get that hardwood exposed but finally it's done.


The dogs were not exactly patient about the whole process. I can't decide if they were more annoyed that we hadn't gone for a walk yet or if they were annoyed they couldn't be a 'part' of what we were doing.
Probably a bit of both.


When we were done and the floor was swept of all nails, screws, bits of wood and plaster they were allowed to inspect the demo job. They were fascinated and spent a few minutes looking around trying to decide what the fuss had been all about. Apparently nothing. Although my Dad did comment that Raimi did not pee on his tool bags. Huh? Well(and he makes a good point here) often times Puli boys will see something new and immediately feel the need to mark it as 'theirs'. Thankfully Raimi is not like that for three reasons; when he pees it's a lot, he's not a marker since he's such a wuss and he knows if he ever did that I'd tie a knot in it. Nuff said.



At 4:30pm, well past their regular walk time, we headed out for a quick explore in the woods. I could feel the night drawing in even as we walked so we made it a short trip. I don't really want to be in full dark with 4 dogs in the woods ... chances are good I'd arrive home, open the back door to let them in the house and only have 3 dogs.


Currently they are on my bed in a Ridgepile sleeping off a day of bored whining(Leeloo), bored barking(Leeloo) and worried glances around corners(The Boy). Sitting here on my computer I knew they were all snug on the bed and thought "Right, I can get some computering done". Until the sad whines began. That's Leeloo. You know the whine. It's the one where something is not right with the world (in her opinion). The one where it's an intermittent half sigh half high pitched squeak that is just loud enough for you to hear.



I got up to see what the trouble was, knowing already of course, and there she is, surrounded by Ridgeback warmth in the middle of the bed. Her head pops up to look expectantly at me. I sigh and roll me eyes. I acquiesce to her not so silent demands and toss the down throw over the hounds and she immediately drops off into a satisfied sleeps she so richly deserves. That's Halo up close, then Leeloo, Archer's feet and Raimi is up by the head of the bed. Does she have me well trained? I like to think so.

No comments: