Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Walk to Remember

Today is a beautiful day in Nova Scotia. The sun is throwing all kinds of golden goodness our way, there is a light breeze and the air is crisp and full of energy. No better day to meet new Ridgebacks and take a smash through the woods. Sara and her two Ridgebacks Poe(sp?) and Kiki live in Halifax and we made arrangements to meet up here in Pictou for a walk. Halo had to stay at the vet to get her lump removed(that will come in a separate blog entry) but the youngsters and the oldsters got out for a good explore.

Kiki is so cute in her pink coat. She reminds me a lot of Petal; elderly, reliable, and steady to the core with a soft eye that says "I may have seen a lot in my life but what I most like to see is my mom." Doesn't she look cute as a button?
Her pal Poe was harder to photograph since she was like my dogs and ever on the go. She is a rescue Sara got at 3 years old and has had for 6 years. She was great about telling Archer and Leeloo to back off when they got to pushy and everyone got along just great.
Archer and Raimi heading down the path with Poe keeping them in line. Those boys need supervision as we all know.
I can't get over how cute Kiki is - really ... how cute is she? There is something about veteran dogs that just melt your heart.
How about Archer doing what teenage boys do best ... being gross. Poor Poe was subjected to a rather rude inspection a few times by Little Studmuffin.

It was a crazy perfect day for a walk and we didn't meet a single solitary soul. We did some serious bushwhacking and explored some trails I hadn't been on and created some trails that didn't even exist. Raimi did his best to scare up some vermin but no such luck - thank doG. Despite my leg in the photo and the weird angle for some reason this photo really appeals to me. That is Leeloo in the background, proof positive she came with us! Doesn't Kiki look like she's having a ball?

No comments: