Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Houdini

I headed out for errands today for a few hours and left Archer and Leeloo in their expen with Raimi and Halo loose in the kitchen area. The last time I left Archer in the expen he figured out that if he pulled at the velcro straps holding the pen together he could open it and squeeze out. That time he left Leeloo stranded in the pen by herself - seriously ticked off she was too.


This time I got wise and put clips on the pen instead and assumed he'd be secure. Wrong. I'm not sure how but he managed to move the clips up so he could get out and Leeloo, being no slouch on the uptake, followed him this time.

I arrived home to a explosion of recycling. They removed all the paper and cardboard from the blue bag and shredded it with glee. I have no proof of said glee but let's face it ... this looks like it was fun doesn't it?
I also have a blue bag of containers to recycle which include milk jugs, cat food cans and various plastic containers. I took the photo post-container pick up but you get the idea. Plastic bits everywhere, cans dented beyond recognition ... all licked clean as a whistle. See how in amongst the carnage there are actual dog toys - waste of money those aren't they?
Will this finally teach me a lesson about containing dogs? Well, the lesson is 'use more clips' since technically the culprits were contained when I left. Raimi and Halo typically don't do more than carry around my slippers(Raimi), unroll the toilet paper(Raimi and sometimes the cats) and carry around water bottles(Raimi). Halo's forte is more cat litter eating and stealing dog food but since both those things are inaccessible she just naps for the most part. I think I'll have to get a padlock to keep that damn Archer contained ... he's turning into a proper little Houdini.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hah ah haha hhah ha ha ah hah!!!! Been there, seen that.