Monday, October 12, 2009

Thank Your Lucky Stars

As it was Thanksgiving today in Canada I headed out to my parent's house with the dogs to let them romp and to have a nice turkey dinner. I thought it might be a good idea to think of things I'm thankful for (besides my Dad's excellent cooking and my mom's company):


Freedom and exuberant joy.
A field of dogs taking on a glorious day. Puppies who spring into action and Boy's who let them.
Capturing Archer's rapid decision to stay out of that two-some!A good throw down in a field.
Glee from an afternoon walk in the fall sunshine. Weird light wheaton Leelosers who make me smile 100 times a day.
Watching Archer lick a fly off a window.
Noses pressed against the glass and bright brown eyes watching the world outside.
Wrinkles on a broad, flat head that speak volumes for the thoughts inside.
Archer's constant wagging tail and insatiable curiosity.
Leeloo's ever changing weirdness and ever present oddities.
Halo for her gift of Archer and The Boy.
And lastly I'm thankful for The Boy's undying love and adoring gaze.

No comments: