Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Cure

You know how things never seem so bad until you have a chance to look back and then you think "Shit - that *was* bad"? That's sort of how I'm looking at Leeloo. Not that her life was in danger - just that she looked *so* bad that now I wonder how I didn't panic(more). Today she is 99% better and back to her usual weirdness.


Last night I had about a quarter dose of Benadryl left in the bottle and despite the fact Leeloo was vastly improved from the previous night I thought I'd dose her anyway to get rid of the excess and help a bit with the itching. Well, in 10 minutes she was totally zonked out at my feet while I made banana muffins. She just *had* to be in the way and I didn't have the heart to move her. Archer, through this whole ordeal, has strongly sympathized with Leeloo and was a superstar nurse(as if). So this was the scene last evening in my kitchen while banana muffins are being made - you can see the lumps on her head and down her side a bit still:
And Leeloo was feeling so much better this morning that she thought she'd get in on a little cat food action - it's up on a high shelf where only very naughty dogs and security cleared cats can reach. Doesn't she look better? No lumps or bumps on her body.
"Mommy, I think it's time you stopped photographing my pain." The majority of her hives will disappear without a trace except for the ones on her head. They seemed to have developed some skin irritation over them and I suspect she will have little scabs on the top of her head and then missing hair spots. This is such a marked difference from 36 hours earlier I can't believe it.

No comments: