Friday, October 23, 2009

Catch & Release

Sometimes I am overcome with the depth of how much I love living here with my dogs. As I walked today through the trees and along the decades old orchard paths I sent up a silent thank you to the fates that allowed me to move to somewhere I feel so happy. It never ceases to amaze me how much each day is an absolute treasure. I am reminded sometimes by the outside world that what I have is singular and special.
Cathedralled paths lined with golden droplets entice the young and the young at heart.
A boy and a girl each listen to the same tune of the woods - a song who's frequency has long been tuned to all but human hears.
A precious few can appreciate significant moments that are handed out in good faith - something tells me dogs are among the few.
Dappled images frozen in time with secrets that dance through the sunshine.
The strength and beauty of this place surpassed only by the power and grace of my hounds.
A golden road with a golden sky and a burnished red dog by my side.

No comments: