Thursday, October 22, 2009

Final Cut

Halo's owie is healing ever so slowly. I think she's pulled it a few times when running on our walks but the incision is sealed shut and looks nice and clean, no gook or pus which means it's going to be a healthy mend. I still think it will leave an ugly scar though.

She hasn't bothered it too much, the past couple days I had a bandage over it stuck with hockey tape because I think one stitch may have come out but they were such a mess it was hard to tell. Now that I've had a good look at it I think one stitch in the middle is gone. Not sure how since she actually hasn't been pulling at it. She did attempt to scratch it once but I kiboshed that with hysteria pretty quick. I can't imagine anything worse than her taking a few good scrapes at it with a hind foot.
In case it's not obvious from the photo Halo is not happy about the whole process, particularly my photographing her distress. That's hockey tape goop on her leg - I have some Goof Off I'll use to get it off her coat but since the cut is still pretty fresh I don't want to risk getting a corrosive substance in it - I can imagine that would not go over well. She is otherwise pretty cheerful(except when being photographed) and no longer seems to be bothered with it at all - of course I say that and the second I think the coast is clear she will have pulled all the stiches and torn open the incision.

No comments: