Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Stitch in Time

Anyone want to hazard a guess why Halo is sitting in this particular spot? See that white thing behind her? It's a baseboard heater and it's radiating glorious, glorious heat.
You can just see her stitches on her right elbow there. It's healing nicely, she hasn't been bothering it much although just a few minutes ago I caught her licking it. I think it gets itchy since it's drying out along the incision. Starting yesterday I've been putting Germolene on it to sooth the itch and numb the area. Germolene has a mild local numbing agent so I hope that prevents any stitch pulling. It was also seeping slightly and looked a bit red last night so the antibiotic nature of Germolene will help with that as well. With just 4 days from surgery the swelling has reduced significantly but the incision remains quite puckered - I'm hoping once the stitches come out the skin will smooth and stretch. Today she also went for her first walk since surgery and had a ball although I made sure she wasn't bush whacking too much, don't want to catch those stitches on a branch!

No comments: