Friday, October 9, 2009

Comfort & Joy

The temperature has dropped here to an average of about 15 degrees during the day and about 5 or 6 degrees at night. No negative temperatures yet which is amazing since Alberta has been experiencing below zero for a couple weeks now(suckahs!). I turn the heater on sometimes to warm up the house in the morning or the evening but usually during the day it holds its own heat. I love the fall here so far - the colors, the moderate temperatures, and the reduced traffic since tourist season pretty much ends this weekend. It has been raining a lot recently but since I don't actually mind rain it's really no hardship. The dogs, however, would prefer less rain.


I often download my favorite TV shows and watch them in my room with all the dogs on the bed. I am snuggled under my down comforter, they are under the down throw, there is usually a cat lying on my legs, I have all my TV food nearby and we often spend a cosy evening together. Beats the hell out of sitting on the floor in the livingroom because there is no room on the couch for me. And when you have a face like this daring you to take his spot ...well, I just don't have the heart.

No comments: