Friday, January 21, 2011

Out of Time

I'm surprised how long it's been since I updated the blog, I've been busy accomplishing almost nothing of note. It's funny how time gets away from you when you're not looking. Things have settled into almost normal in the house with Raimi finally convinced that Esme is not the love of his life. Soon his amour will trend toward Leeloo and the fun will renew. I am hopeful that Leeloo obliges my timeline and waits until after our Westminster trip to come into heat so that my Dad, who has generously agreed to care for the three hooligans, does not have to deal with a Trampy Leeloo on his own.

The other night I noticed the girls were being all sisterly together while they each enjoyed a treat. This was before Raimi was allowed back into the livingroom. Looks peaceful doesn't it? Add an audio loop of incessant whining from vicinity of the french door and you will have it about right.


Only three more weeks until my mom and I make our trip to Westminster. I'm so excited! We have our US cash, tickets are all paid for, and now we just have to wait. I am pleading with the weather doGs to allow us a 12 hour window in which to get off the ground and to New York. The idea is to explore the city for two days and then spend Monday at the show. Jillyn, who is Erin's co-breeder at Aegis, is arriving on Saturday and Erin is arriving Sunday morning with Zero. For our part, my mom and I are planning to go to the Empire State Building, Ground Zero Museum, William Secord Art Gallery, Central Park, Times Square and a couple other places. Hopefully I can get some nice photos of Zero in the Big Apple but it will depend on the weather and timing - I will obviously be getting some of him in The Garden.  Win or lose at the show though, this is going to be a great experience!

No comments: