Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleeping with the Enemy

I'm afraid that Archer will be packing his bags and heading out on the road if things continue the way they're going. While his lameness is improving day by day it's only because he is not going for walks, isn't allow to bounce, and is in a crate at night.

What's that?

A crate?

Oh yes. Archer suffers from what popular culture refers to as 'the jimmy legs'. He cannot stop himself fussing All. Night. Long. Leeloo sleeps like a log. Raimi sleeps like a log. Archer sleeps like a crack addict in rehab. It's infuriating. I moved his crate into my bedroom, made it pretty(covered it with a blanket) and that is where he sleeps. He is *not* happy about it. I have to wear earplugs because he whines on and off all night. Last night was a little better except the 6:45am wake up call.

I feel bad, I really do, but the idea of facing another 10+ years of 'the jimmy legs' every night had me in despair. I have decided that Raimi and Leeloo are the last two large dogs that will sleep on my bed. Halo started out sleeping on a dog bed and so did Raimi but through a series of events they both ended up on the bed and it just grew to unmanageable proportions with the addition of Leeloo and Archer. Waking up in the middle of the night to find myself with a bare 6 inches of bed and no covers was getting on my nerves, not to mention the whining that would occur if the dog's got cold because their blanket fell off. I love my sleep and not getting a good night's sleep was making me (more) crazy. I think Leeloo and Raimi appreciate the extra room to stretch out too!

No comments: