Monday, March 15, 2010

On Golden Pond

Remember a couple days ago how I said Esme hadn't been peed on by Raimi? That status changed today. I let them all out of the truck and they bounded away like usual. Raimi stopped to sniff the base of a boulder and Esme was right behind him. While she was enjoying the stories of the scents her nose collected Raimi, being a boy, turned to pee on the spot he had sniffed. Esme was sprinkled with droplets of what some like to call The Golden Shower. She didn't appear to notice. I had initially thought that on this walk we'd stick to the snowy trails and avoid the mud so that she wouldn't get too dirty. After getting peed on I figured she could get as mucky as she wanted since the second we got home she'd be straight into the tub. It's a tragic sort of look isn't it?
She bore out her sentence very well and stayed put for the bath. A lot of dirt came out of her but it was the pee that I wanted to be sure was well and truly rinsed away. In everyday terms she is a Very Small Dog but when you get her wet she becomes a Very Very Small Dog indeed. We then basked in the sun on the back deck and while I read a book the dogs munched away on some rawhide treats and napped. Esme was fluffy and dry in no time. I have no illusions though that her getting peed on is going to be an isolated incident ...

No comments: