Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Big Easy

Archer is much better but we are still taking it pretty easy with the walks. He trots along gently and stops to sniff things most of the way, has a bit of a gallop now and again but is generally pretty good about not over extending himself. I couldn't bear to leave him at home, the poor kid needs to get a little air and start to recondition that leg if he's going to be in shape for the show - he's lost muscle mass in that leg and I can tell by his movement he's slightly off balance still. However, he's made remarkable steps toward healing and thankfully the pained whining while trying to get comfortable has stopped.

Here he is with Esme at a driftwood log. I call this photo Sticks and Shadows. And here's Esme with her killer 10 week old side gait. I mean seriously, she is moving out like a pro and I can't wait to get her in the ring. Of course, given the lack of Puli educated judges that seem to prevail out here, I am in doubt her quality will be sufficiently recognized. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to sweep the US Puli National in a couple years. BOW and BOS will do nicely ...
And something about this photo of Leeloo coming down a steep hill intrigues me. The line of her body, the curve of her ridge, the sweep of her tail ... it all speaks to me. It's balletic.

No comments: