Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sky High

First off I should annouce that I have updated and changed my website and address so if anyone out there has links to it just update your links - the current website will expire in about 4 or 5 days. The new website is http://www.invictushounds.com/ and I am still working out a few bugs so bear with me.


Also, I forgot to add yesterday that on the heels of Archer's potential pano diagnosis I went to the post office and found mail from the OFA. Well, it was like opening the Oscar envelope. And the winner is ... Normal for Degenerative Myelopathy! And that is about the only thing that is normal about Leeloo. So now Invictus has a house full of dogs who will never get or produce DM.


Leeloo took the news of her 'normal' DNA in stride. We went to the beach to celebrate and the sky and water made for some pretty dramatic photos. More and more these days I am catching her in moments of silent contemplation ... my little Bubbalicious is growing up.
Raimi is no stranger to striking a pose against a dramatic backdrop. Archer was not on this walk, laid up at home with a bum leg, but was there in spirit, although I know he'd prefer to be there in person! Raimi and Leeloo look across the bay toward Pictou ... perhaps they can hear him howling.
Of course Esme was along for the ride and enjoyed the beach quite a bit. She tested the viability of seawater on three separate occasions and each time I told her not to throw it up in my truck on the way home. She listened - she must have a stomach of iron because the roads to the beach are buckled from the frost heaving them about.
I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to this beach in the summer. I discovered it late in the season last year and now that I know it's there and safe for the dogs I am itching to enjoy the warm waters it offers. Although this looks like they are on the edge of danger the water beyond them is only about 6 inches deep and the ice they are on is actually over land ... phew. One of my greatest fears is a dog falling through the ice ... unbearable.

No comments: