Friday, February 5, 2010

Step Off

A few weeks ago, before Leeloo was in heat, we went to the schoolyard for a run. To have a laugh and mess with the dogs I climbed up on the slide on the playground. To my surprise Raimi immediately followed me and then Archer popped up right behind him. It was a bit crowded. Archer contemplated the slide as a descent option but ultimately he rejected that avenue, thankfully. I was a little concerned how they'd get down but Archer demonstrated that it was not something I needed to worry about. He just stepped down a couple steps and hopped to the ground.Leeloo, on the other hand, thought we were all completely insane. She stood at the bottom for some time dithering and never took her hind feet off the ground. She was definitely more cautious than the boys. She waited patiently at the bottom for Raimi to come down so she could trounce him a couple times.
Archer's up was pretty cute. He climbed up like he had been doing this sort of thing everyday of his life. It goes a long way to demonstrate the boys adoration of me, or that they are pretty much game for whatever.
Leeloo, on the other hand, either doesn't completely trust me or thinks things like this are utterly beneath her. Her suspicions bore out when she attempted a little higher up and ... got her toe caught in one of those round holes. Of course she did. After her hysterical yelling and my quick jump to extricate said toe she flounced around with an 'I told you so' look in her eye. How is it possible that the two boys stampeded up and down those steps 10 times each in the space of 4 minutes and it's the cautious dog that gets her toe caught? Methinks agility is out for Miss Leeloo.

No comments: