Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Forrest Gump

I couldn't decide today if I wanted to blog about sticks, handsome dogs, chasing, birds, tackling or just a mish mash. I have decided to go with handsome dogs since it's easy and I'm tired.

I took another three dog portrait since the last one I did, while nice, had their collars in it and I think a portrait should be relatively un-encumbered. Here we have Leeloo, Raimi and Archer standing very nicely in the snow baiting for a snowball. At least Raimi doesn't look like a bullmastiff cross in this one - well, not as badly anyway.
Archer, I must say, is developing into a very handsome dog indeed. He is still so much the silly puppy in a large dog body and he is not even one year old yet. I suspect this puppyhood will continue well past its one year expiration date. His eyes exactly match the color of his coat, and they are ever bright with interest, intelligence and mischief. Just like his mom.
Leeloo is still hard to photograph in a poised and stately manner. I suspect she knows what I'm up to and the forever tomboy refuses to acknowledge the beauty within. She still does her breeze-by-thank-you and stops for a bum scratch and a wiggle when we are exploring the trails.
I couldn't resist this photo of Raimi. He is such a juxtaposition of impressive and idiotic that it's hard to imagine the two residing within the same body but here it is. He is chewing on a stick and the look in his eyes is so easy to read, "Guh. I like sticks."

No comments: