Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dead Calm

Relative peace(and quiet) has descended upon the household. Leeloo, one moment in heat, is now out of heat. A little swelling still but my first clue that the tide was turning was Archer's lack of whining. It was hard to tell he'd stopped pining for her because sometimes I couldn't determine if it was Raimi or Archer making the noise. Gradually I came to realize that Archer was looking at Leeloo with 'play with me' eyes instead of 'I want to ravage your body' eyes - there is a subtle difference.

I let Archer in to play with Leeloo and her head almost exploded with joy. After the initial sniff and check by Archer to make sure his nose did not deceive him, they played like maniacs with Leeloo almost beside herself with happiness that her exile has ended.

Raimi, one can imagine, is still mostly in "I'm pretty sure I can convince this girl she wants me," which as most women know is about as attractive as the yappy guy who stands too close and all you see is that white spittle goo in the corners of his mouth. You know I'm right. Leeloo's patience was pushed to the far parameters of tolerance and she sent some flashing pearly whites in Raimi's direction, who of course believes this is part of the 'female art of seduction' and gets even more excited. I've had to step in a couple times to prevent him getting his ass kicked by a bitch that weighs 20 pounds less than him.

Now that Raimi is almost convinced that Leeloo is no longer in heat they are currently napping in the livingroom with Leeloo and Archer snuggled on the couch and Raimi nestled in my chair. I can't begin to tell you what the quiet means ... blessed blessed quiet.

As an aside, Karma, Can. Ch. Invictus One Magic Christmas. has had some of her health tests posted on OFA and she is normal everything so far with 'good' hips. Hooray Karma! Great news since she will be bred on her next heat and whelp the first litter for Charisma Ridgebacks in Medicine Hat, Alberta. Please contact me or Adine if you are interested in a puppy from this litter - the stud is as yet unconfirmed but negotiations are underway. If we use who I'm hoping it will be a very popular litter indeed!

No comments: