Saturday, February 6, 2010

Peter Pan

Today I made a trip out to my parent's house to visit with them, evaluate Puli puppies and go tobogganing with my Dad. It was a fun day, despite this photo. Archer is making an abrupt about face wondering why I stopped. His concern was not long lived, he got distracted by something and forgot I was crashed in the snow. Good thing he's not a St. Bernard. Archer was the most consistent follower, he thought this activity was particularly fun. Chasing me and my Dad up and down the hills was his kind of party. This is my Dad tackling the 'Bunny Slope'. We thought we'd better start small to see how things went. Raimi followed me down a couple times. Mostly Leeloo could just not be bothered. But there, as predicted, is Archer having a laugh. The snow was pretty powdery, not ideal for sliding down as it slows the toboggan and you sink into it quite easily. We did end up hitting the Big Hill and it while it was more speed and fun it was also a longer, steeper haul up the hill. My Dad and Leeloo coming down at a good pace. I couldn't see the dogs behind me and looking at this photo I'm rather glad of that actually. Who wants to know three wrestling Ridgebacks are bearing down on them? Here's a better angle of the hill. It really is quite steep but the powdery snow made it quite safe. There's a pond on that little area of trees, I'm sure you'd get stopped by the pond before you hit the road. Right? In all it was a fabulous day, the dog were exhausted and satisfied by the fun, my Dad had a good time and we are making plans to do it again once the weather warms up to melt the snow a bit so we can make a better, faster toboggan run. Who says you ever have to grow up?

No comments: