Friday, February 26, 2010

Let It Ride

Back to a couple days ago ... when I went to pick up Esme we also enjoyed what will possibly be one of the last toboggans of the year. The temperature is consistently staying above zero now and I don't think the snow is long for this world. I'm sure we'll have another dump or two but chances are it won't stick around long.

Archer on my Dad's first run wasn't sure what was going on although he did follow me down the hill the first time. The dogs thought it was rollicking good fun. Okay ... that's two thirds of lie. Leeloo thought is was stupid. Everything about her indicated that while she felt obliged to follow me up and down the hill it was on hard terms. As in ... I'd rather be doing something else. Archer couldn't have been happier. He would have followed us up and down that hill all day. He ran ahead of the sled, kicking up snow in my face as he ran down the track. He ran beside the sled with an expression on his face that said 'You are SO SILLY MOMMY!" And he ran behind me with such glee and enthusiasm that once he actually stepped on the sled.
Raimi was pretty reliable. I am not sure how much 'fun' he was having but he was consistent with his loyalty to me. I tell you it's tough to stay in the track when you are trying to take photos and have a 100lb dog bearing down on you ...
Everytime we came down the hill Archer was right on top of his welcoming committee detail. A couple of times he was almost on top of the sledder.
I had a few(several) moments of questionable driving ability and undeniable flexibility. You can see Leeloo is less than impressed ... again with the 'this is stupid' expression.
The dogs also felt it was necessary to converge on my Dad as he reached the bottom ... their concern was touching - until they swarm and things become less about not hitting one of them and more about being trampled.
It was a great day for tobogganing with sunshine, well packed snow, good times and happy dogs. Why should children have all the fun?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

The "glee and enthusiasm" photo of Archer is another keeper...not just for the calendar. Blow that thing UP and hang it on your wall!!