Monday, February 22, 2010

For Love of the Game

In honor of the Olympic spirit running rampant across This Great Nation, I thought I'd show off some of my medal winning Snow Catchers. They have been training for 2 whole months and I think it shows.

Leeloo always makes sure that she is the first off the starting blocks. She is the reigning gold medalist and this year I don't think her competition has much of a shot at the top of the podium. Looking perplexed is unlikely to bring home the loot. It's a real marvel how she contorts herself to win. She is of the mind that second place is just the first loser.
If Raimi is to get a piece of the pie I have to ensure Leeloo is distracted and then throw him a pity bone. I call this his 'Baby Bird' impression. He's really a bronze medal sort of a dog ...
On the ice the other day Archer impressed me with his Olympic effort at snow catching. He got some great airtime, good form, nice clean lines, great expression ... a true athlete.
Then again, he learned his skills from the Michael Phelps of snow catchers, so I shouldn't be too surprised. Raimi and Archer are rooting for (overly modest) Team Canada and while Leeloo *is* a 'dual citizen' her All American 'In it to win it' attitude is hard to ignore.

No comments: