Monday, June 1, 2009

Field of Dreams

Finally managed to download over 200 photos from the camera. Still sorting them a bit but I thought I'd post a few just to prove I didn't actually kill any of the dogs on the trip. Here is my parent's house - it's on a hill which has been cleared and through the bay windows there is a view of the water in the distance. There is a double attached garage in which the dog runs are housed.

These photos are of the dogs the night I arrived at my parent's home last week. The house is on 6 acres with about 4 acres cleared of trees. The trees constantly threaten to take over and there are little maples trying to seed up all over the place. I don't know about anyone else but it makes me so happy to see the dogs so happy - especially after being cooped up for a week. This is my Dad and Archer - the puppy was a little over whelmed by the barking Pulis in their runs in the garage and intimidated by the maniac Ridgebacks barreling past so he stuck pretty close.

Leeloo and Raimi were playing and ran past some flags my Dad had put out to mark where they are putting some fencing. Of course Leeloo had to stop and investigate, pull the flag up and proceed to chew it. I rescued it and put it (kinda) back where it belonged.

Halo, as usual, spent most of her time sniffing in the bushes around the property. She's less into play and more into following her nose these days. Raimi also follows his nose but is more inclined to check in with me when he's off adventuring. Halo 'forgets' to check in and I have to recall her every few minutes.
She does occasionally get goaded into play and it usually results in two of the dogs ganging up and baying one of the dogs. Often Halo is the one being bayed because she is the most likely to lash out and well ... that's fun. This is Raimi harassing close and Leeloo circling round behind to get Halo from the rear. Of course the big sell to the property was the view of the harbour and PEI in the distance on a clear day. The dogs don't care about the view ... the fields are all they really need. There they are along the treeline in the bottom left corner. So happy.

2 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Wow, what a beautiful view and cute house! How far apart are you guys? I looked on a map, and it doesn't appear to be that far, but you never know.

Esther Garvi said...

Oh, they're so beautiful! How many do you have?