Friday, June 26, 2009

The Creature from the Black Lagoon

Raimi still does his Weird Thing reaction to innocuous objects he can't identify. This time it was a rock sticking out of the water in a tide pool. Here he is spotting the Weird Thing for the first time. You can understand his trepidation right? I mean ... look at it ... that's a freaky thing to see in the water. Crazy rock.

He progressed to higher ground in the hopes he could get a better view and be safer at the same time. High ground is an advantage after all. I especially like how his neck has telescoped out but he's no where near the edge of the water. Can't take chances you know. This is where the rock startled him when it did ... nothing. That is some kinda scary. I think, and I could be wrong, a wave lapped against it but since the water is so calm I could be mistaken. He stood and stared at it for some time. I think in the end he determined it was just as scared of him as he was of it and they left it at a cautious truce. He gave it a wide berth when we moved on down the beach. Next time though ... that rock is totally gonna get it.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

LOL...I love reading about how you can tell stories about Raimi and his "creatures."