Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bedknobs & Broomsticks

I arrived at my house a week ago today and my parents helped me unload the truck. I put the dogs on the back deck with an expen to block them off while we humped my crap into the house. They were fascinated but took it in stride. I failed to take a photo.


We then spent some time assembling furniture so I'd have somewhere to hang my clothes and sleep. If you haven't seen my New Scotland blog then you haven't seen this picture. The second the dogs realized there was bed to lie on they were all over it. Literally.

The cats were safely ensconced in the future dining room and so happy to be out of the truck and into their cat post. Of course they wanted out of the room as soon as possible because they were so sick of being confined.

We had to go out to pick up a few supplies so I shut the dogs in the spare bedroom with beds, toys and a still boxed closet that we would assemble upon our return. This is what we returned to ... that is styrofoam from the box that they spent quite some time ripping apart.

I spent the balance of the day after my parents left making the bed and organizing a few things. Leeloo and Halo took it as a personal insult that I asked them to get off the bed so I could put the sheets and blankets on and as soon as I was finished they plastered themselves to the bed again.

I'm trying to stick to the timeline as it occurred over the past week but am slowly catching up to today. Time to buy that USB cable because I have lots of photos again but no way to upload them. With my luck Archer will chew through the internet or power cable next ...

No comments: