Thursday, June 25, 2009

Splash

My digital SLR camera is like a slice of poorly toasted bread. Sometimes it's a golden brown and ripe for butter and others it's a black charred piece of cardboard. Unreliable and no damn good. I'll switch out the lens for the telephoto to see if that works better but the problem is in the shutter curtain ... NFG. It will cost more to repair than replace and until the coffers are filled again I need an interim camera.




So yesterday I bought a cute little red Canon Powershot 12.3 megapixel. Sweet. It's the size of a credit card, slips into my purse perfectly, ligth weight and the photos it took today are pretty darn good actually. I haven't worked out all the fancy settings yet but so far it's impressing me. It also takes video which is something I've missed.


The first photo it took of the dogs. They are waiting on the deck for me to get their collars so we can go for a walk.

Halo mincing along the beach - the tide is way out - the most out I've ever seen it. I can't get a handle on when the tides are in or out ... makes no sense. I've been several times at various times during the day and I can't make out a pattern.

The tide was going out so there was a little island surrounded by water. The walk to the island meant I had to go through about 18 inches of water and after a moment of thought Raimi and Leeloo followed me and discovered water glee.
They put Archer and Halo to shame. Archer had an excuse due to his size. Halo is just Halo ...

Archer's face says it all really. If you can see it. That's my parents and Halo in the background. I haven't called Halo to me yet. Much hilarity ensued when I did. Halo minced her way to me, Raimi went out to meet her with much splashing and carrying on ... to her horror. I didn't get a photo of her on her way back to the beach because I was laughing too hard, it was priceless.
So far I'm pretty happy with the little camera - I'll fiddle with the settings more and see what I can get out of it. Really, I felt naked without a camera ... so weird. Tomorrow I'll regale you with the salty tale of Raimi vs Creature from the Black Lagoon.

No comments: