Friday, June 19, 2009

Don't Fence Me In

This probably more belongs on the Bonny New Scotland blog than the dog blog but it's dog related. Well, dog preventative anyway. I want a garden, I want fresh veggies and maybe some fruit and pretty flowers and that won't happen with four large dogs who like to dig and eat leaves and twigs off things.

The yard is being divided into two sections, the dog area and the Tamzin area. After my Unfortunate Incident I evaluated the lattice and here we see 4 sheets relatively intact. I'd dug 4 holes for the posts (NO CEMENT) and placed the lattice over top so I wouldn't end up with broken legs. The side with the concrete pad is where the dogs will stay.
Halo likes to stand in the sun and ... just stand there. Eyes half closed, soaking up the rays I guess. What Leeloo is lying on used to be a tidy pile of grass which the dogs destroyed over several days. Now it's gone because my compost bin was finally emptied and I cleaned up the grass. Archer is lying on the Spongebob blanket donated by Tanja before I left. In the far corner there, also now in the composter, is a great pile of the bush that we(meaning my Dad) hacked down to install the fence. It's kind of like bamboo but not as tough.
The area for my garden will be about 15 feet by 45 feet and I hope to turn it into a sort of garden sanctuary which I'll never get to sit in because if I do the dogs will stand forlornly on the other side of the fence and I'll just feel guilty. And yes - what you are seeing at the back of the yard, completely fenced in with no hope of escape, is my trailer. I've turned it into a garden shed. I'm nothing if not resourceful.

No comments: