Friday, June 5, 2009

The Beach

I'll start with Halo on the beach since she's the oldest. Not the most auspicious reason to be chosen first but you have to start somewhere. I could say she's first because she has the most titles ... that's better.

She stopped to wait for me while I trudged up the incline to the crest. Sniffing the wind ... what stories it must tell.
She's recovered nicely from her last litter. The boobies need a bit of a tuck but otherwise she's a fine looking broodbitch.
Of all the dogs Halo spent the least amount of time close to the water ... I mean ... no where near. It was hard to get a photo of her along the water's edge.
One of the days I was there it was blowing up a fright and Halo spent a lot of time with her nose sucking up all the good smells.
This is one of my favorites. Yes it's posed - she was the only dog who'd sit still.


Here's a more typical Halo look, less dignified and more pitiable.
They seem to like the beach but are more accustomed to grass. They spend a lot of time sniffing on the beach and less time running. Either way they are exhausted and satisfied when we get home so I'll take it. Tomorrow ... The Beach Boy. Oh ya.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Oh, Halo. I'm glad you got her spayed. Maybe now she'll start to act less dramatic. Oh wait...