Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dust Devil

I recently ordered new bling for the dogs with updated contact info on them. I lurv them. They are so simple yet so pretty - they are from Poochy Couture on http://www.etsy.com/ and are made of copper with soldered silver accents.

Today was hot. Hot hot hot. I did some work in the yard prior to 11am and was sweating up a storm. After a quick trip into New Glasgow I decided to head to the beach for a jaunt with the dogs. What a trip.



Around these parts they've been advertising something called 'Grading Day' which I was confused about until about 2:46pm this afternoon. Grading Day is when they grade the gravel roads. Ever driven on a gravel road while it's being graded? One word: dust. I drove over the pile of gravel in the middle of the road after passing the grader and ended up with a very unhappy sounding rock in some part of my tire which eventually popped out. Nothing like a screeching, grinding tire to give you pause.


We made it to the beach, it was sweltering and there was almost no wind. Not as cool as I'd hoped but we made the most of it and I actually caught two of the dogs in the water at the same time.
Archer waded in to say hello to me when I was standing in about 18 inches of water but those eyes tell you he is his mother's son.
Leeloo is fascinated by the fact that things in the water *move*. They drift back and forth and entice her into the depths. So far she hasn't followed the siren song of a seaweed strand but I won't hold my breath.
Halo attempted a dip but it was short lived. You can't see the disgust on her face but I guarantee it's there. We were there about 20 minutes when I decided it was enough. The dogs were being driven to distraction by big horseflies which BITE, it was way hotter than usual and we fought our home way through the dust, stopping briefly to photograph whatever these birds are. We arrived home and everyone had a nap ... including me. Ah bliss.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Cutteeeeeee picture of Archer.