Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beaches

I have so many photos of the dogs on the beach it's insane. Over 300 downloaded. I spent a couple hours last night sorting them and trying to decide which ones to post and how to post them. I think I'll do a dog at a time and then theme it. May take about a week I think ... there are so many good ones it will be hard to filter. Yes, I am patting myself on the back.



So this is Caribou Beach, or the Beach at Central Caribou, Or Caribou Island Beach ... or whatever. It doesn't post a name. What it does post is a teeny weeny notice about a paragraph long that states it's a protected beach by order of the Nova Scotia Something Official Sounding and that no one shall remove anything from the beach by this order. It even listed things like sand, shells, rocks etc. I scanned for the word 'dog', didn't find it, and off we hiked.


I'll start with groups of dogs doing harmless dog-like things. The three adult dogs heading up and over to the beach. Wheeeeee ...
The first thing they encountered was a lone piece of driftwood which was sniffed in earnest and then peed on by Raimi.


Archer did catch up - it's not part of a group shot but it is proof he followed diligently behind the group to do the big dog things.
I love this photo because it has all the dogs in it keeping busy. There's little Archer playing by himself in the background. So cute.


So this is just a taste. More to come, I think I'll section them off by dogs and then again off by girls, then by boys, then fun stuff, silly stuff. So much blog fodder. If it seems like I'm obsessed with the beach ... I am. It's heavenly. Weird that I hate being in or on water though.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

The dogs look like they're adjusting just fine. What beautiful beach pictures. I see why you would want to take so many.