Friday, June 12, 2009

Prince of Tides

We had a marvelous time today in between torrential downpours(we got really lucky) down at the beach off a provincial park which isn't open yet. We pretended to not see the giant white sign proclaiming 'Dogs must be on leash and you must pick up after them" (which I religiously do anyway) and headed onto the deserted expanse of sand.
Raimi was in a swither when I crossed a rivulet of water and he danced from paw to paw until he plucked up enough courage to wade through 6 inches of water. Leeloo bounced through, Halo minced through and Archer stomped through like any self respecting puppy. The tide slowly crept in while we were there but the beach was marvelous - wide, shallow, sandy and offered long stretches for the dogs to run. I was disappointed I didn't remember my camera but it doesn't react well to rain. The end result was, as usual, a couch full of comatose Ridgebacks in various positions.
Raimi, it seems, has competition. Fortunately I have final say in who gets the girl ... as it were.
Although, I can't help getting the impression Archer is just a little bit smug.

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

So, Archer is learning well from Leeloo and Leeloo is getting a little taste of her own medicine. He looks so squishy...adorable and handsome!