Sunday, May 24, 2009

Run Lola Run

On Saturday I stopped at a gas station somewhere between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury and noticed there was an empty school yard behind the gas station. Perfect.

I let them out of the truck and Raimi went silly with happiness and Leeloo only encouraged him. They had a marvelous time with Leeloo grabbing his tail and Raimi acting all surprised and annoyed.

The dirt here seems to be almost entirely sand which I think the dogs really enjoy.


Eventually the running eased up and they started sniffing around. I did take pictures of Archer but the camera cord seems to have been compromised by puppy teeth and isn't uploading the photos properly. Huh.
As I watched the dogs play I started to get dive bombed by little black insects. They became more and more aggressive and eventually I had to start making my way back to the truck. Meantime Halo tackled Archer and toppled him over ... he came up dead lame on one hind rear and was yelling his head off. I tried to evaluate the damage but was being mercilessly attacked by flies to I picked up the puppy and ran. I threw everyone in the truck and closed all the windows. In the end I did get two bites on my shoulder which 4 days later still itch like mad.

It is totally great to be able to let them run after being cooped up in the truck for hours on end - next time minus the flies and damage to the puppy would be good. Sniffing the wind helps to pass the time though - I bet their noses are telling them all kinds of things ...

1 comment:

Steven and Kimberly said...

So excited for you that you are almost home! I'll bet you're excited to get to your parent's house...then you're that much closer to yours!