Monday, May 25, 2009

At Close Range

At long last we arrived in Nova Scotia today at about 5pm Eastern time. I was so excited to cross the Nova Scotia border. The dogs were starting to get annoyed with each other and the cats ... well, they are just sick to death of being trapped in the truck. I can't blame them.

I finally have lots of pictures to update except they are on my laptop and I'm using my Dad's computer to use the internet so photos of Quebec, New Brunswick and my first glimpse of the ocean will have to wait til I have my own internet up.

I tried to kill Halo today, not like all the other times I wanted to do it on purpose. I shut the window a bit when she was looking out. She panicked although she didn't need to and hit her head on the door frame. Maybe I'll learn my lesson and not let them stick their heads out but they like it so much I probably won't stick to it.
H..lere is Halo and Raimi sniffing Nova Scotia air for the first time ... I love how Raimi's lips go flappity flappity flap in the wind ...

Currently Archer is fussing on my parents couch and the rest of the big dogs are in a dog run. Leeloo is PISSED. She's never been in an actual dog run and thinks it's the worst thing ever. She's been barking for the last two hours in total indignation. They can come in to sleep but they are rather ... boisterous to be in a host's house.

We took a walk around my parent's property and they had a marvelous time bounding through the grass - I'll take some photos of the property tomorrow - it's just beautiful here.

Tomorrow we see my house and begin to unload the trailer. The dogs will get to relax at
last, the cats can get out of their mobile prison and I can sleep more than one night in one place. Can't bloody wait.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations!!! You all made it :)
I'm exited for you from afar!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Yay! Welcome home!

Traci said...

Welcome home!! What an adventure:) we have enjoyed reading about your journey. Get some well needed rest.

Kim said...

Welcome Home!!!
So proud of what you've done so far and where you're going with it!!